Monday, December 6, 2010

WTF

In a weak moment of nostalgia I bought two Swanson Hungry-Man turkey dinners, one for me and one for the Darling Rebecca. As a kid I thought they we're pretty good, sliced turkey, moist dressing with ample gravy and for desert a cranberry apple thing with a chewy crust. Doesn't that sound good?
Well I'm not a kid anymore and this ain't the same dinner!
When I opened the box I found a new dining experience was waiting for me. The turkey is now 'flaked and formed' the gravy didn't cover the most of the turkey and very little of the stuffing and the cranberry apple thing had no crust. Well I had gone this far so I cooked it up.
Because the gravy didn't cover the dressing it turned into kind of a dried up kibble and the turkey was not enough for a decent sandwich though it did look like it came from the the deli section of the grocery store, the cranberry stuff was so thin I couldn't get it out of the little section it was in, the fruit was easy to get out because there was so little of it.
Well I went to their web site and posted a complaint about the dinner. I told them in detail what I found wrong with the dinner and asked them where I could send the second dinner I had bought as I had no intention of eating it. The reply was not quite what I expected...


Reference #: 9131779

Dear Valued Consumer,
Thank you for taking the time to contact Consumer Relations regarding your recent purchase of Hungry Man Turkey Dinner. Please be assured that the experience you shared with us does not meet the high quality standards we have for all of our products.

I am sending replacement coupons in the mail that you should be receiving in seven to ten business days to replace those meals.

We take great pride in the quality of our products and ensuring consumer satisfaction is our greatest concern. We have taken the liberty of sharing your insight with our Quality Assurance management team so they can incorporate your experience into their ongoing improvement processes. We are always grateful when loyal consumers such as you take the time to communicate their experience so that we have the opportunity to investigate.
Sincerely,

Sara Allen
Consumer Relations Representative

A few days later I got a nice letter and two coupons for new Hungry-Man dinners ($3.99 maximum value) I still have the "dinner" in the freezer in the garage and there it will stay.
In their defence I will say the corn was great!

No comments: